At the Egerton Arms, Broxton we are committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of our customers.
We do update this Policy from time to time so please do review this Policy regularly.
Edited 10th May 2018
This informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you book a table with us and / or subscribe to receive offers and promotions. It details the choices you have associated with that data.
Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from that data (or from that and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
Data Controller means a person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, any personal data is, or may be, processed.
Data Processor (or Service Providers)
Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any person (other than an employee of the Data Controller) who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
- We currently use Mailchimp, a marketing automation platform, to send you details of offers and promotions via email, only if you have requested that we do so.
- For subscribers to our marketing database wishing to receive information through the post these are currently sent out by a third-party mailing house via the printing company engaged to print our promotions.
Data Subject is any living individual who is the subject of Personal Data.
The User is the individual making a reservation or signing up to our database. The User corresponds to the Data Subject, who is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection and Use
We collect data in a number of ways.
- You may have completed one of our ‘Want to be kept up to date with things at the Egerton Arms’ cards, whereby you leave us with your name, address, email address, telephone number, birthday (mm/yy) and a brief description of how you heard about us, with the request you be kept informed of any upcoming events and latest promotions. This card is completed by you and is a specific request to join our mailing list.
- You may have visited our website and completed the Get in Touch form on the Contact Us tab and requested you be signed up to our mailing list
- You may have visited our website and completed the Keep Informed section on the News tab which automatically links to Mailchimp and subscribes you to our mailing list
- You may have given your details, (not required although we do ask if customers would like to leave them) at the point of redeeming Loyalty Meal Tickets
- You may have originally been a customer of one of our other establishments and taken advantage of “cross-over” promotions so that you could receive promotions at more than one establishment
- If you telephoned to make a reservation to dine we record your name, telephone number and email address on our booking system. This is used in order to confirm your reservation back to you or contact you about the reservation should it be necessary.
Types of Data Collected
You may have provided us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Birthday (mm/yy)
- Address including postcode
- Cookies and Usage Data
We use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send, or by contacting us directly.
If you sign up to our mailing list via Mailchimp, they may also collect other information which may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address and diagnostic data).
We also record when you redeem any promotions. This will only be used internally to analyse the take up of offers in order to plan future marketing strategies.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse their service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent.
Use of Data
The Egerton Arms uses the collected data to provide you with news, special offers and general information about The Egerton Arms, Broxton. Data collected regarding reservations is only used for direct contact about the reservation.
Retention of Data
The Egerton Arms will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve our marketing functionality, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
Mailchimp are an American based company. Please see below an excerpt regarding their data centre security
Data Center Security
- MailChimp delivers billions of emails a month for millions of users. We use multiple MTAs, placed in different world-class data centers around the United States.
- Our data centers manage physical security 24/7 with biometric scanners and the usual high tech stuff that data centers always brag about.
- We have DDOS mitigation in place at all of our data centers.
- We have a documented “in case of nuclear attack on a data center” infrastructure continuity plan.
Protection from Data Loss, Corruption
- All databases are kept separate and dedicated to preventing corruption and overlap. We have multiple layers of logic that segregate user accounts from each other.
Disclosure of Data
The Egerton Arms may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights of The Egerton Arms
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
The Egerton Arms aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of all promotional emails, or please contact us direct to make the required changes at firstname.lastname@example.org, by telephone on 01829 782241 or by post to The Egerton Arms, Whitchurch Road, Broxton, Cheshire, CH3 9JW.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the right:
- To access and receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you
- To rectify any Personal Data held about you that is inaccurate
- To request the deletion of Personal Data held about you
You have the right to data portability for the information you provide to The Egerton Arms. You can request to obtain a copy of your Personal Data in a commonly used electronic format so that you can manage and move it.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
Any third parties used to provide a booking service, a marketing automated platform, or printer/mailhouse to send out postal promotions have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We do not currently use any third-party Service Providers to monitor or analyse our service.
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
- By email: email@example.com
- By phone number: 01829 782241